[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Aug 16 10:57:54 EDT 2012

Am Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:22:58 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:

> So you're saying that instead of fixing the problem, every user should
> remove the offending posts.
>
> The problem here are a small handful of people who start flames and
> spread FUD. Banning a handful of people from the list is an easier
> solution IMO. I am generally against such measures, but it seems we
> will have no choice.

And how do you decide whom to ban? Just because his opinion differs
from yours? No personal offend. But there are or have been quite a lot
of people here - I would even say, most of the people who are currently
screaming the loudest - who are calling other people troll, while being
trolls themselves, and shout for banning those people just because
those people have different opinions and they can't bear other opinions.

If you want to ban one of them you should ban both of them.

Of course, this thread is very long. Of course, there's a lot of
off-topic in this thread. Of course, there are a lot of pointless and
silly e-mails in this thread. Nevertheless there are a lot of
interesting and helpful information in this thread. And I think
everybody has a right to say his opinion, even if he doesn't have a
detailed, technical "proof" of his opinion. And if people can't bear
other people's opinions they should think about themselves and not ban
the others.

Btw., there have been some other long threads on this mailing list as
well as on other mailing lists. All of those threads eventually came to
an end. And I'm pretty sure that this will be the case with this
thread, too.

Heiko