[arch-general] Personal note

Giorgio Lando giorgio.lando at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 12:28:49 EDT 2012

As a long term, quite silent user, the systemd drama does not struck me as
special, new or exceedingly dramatic. I remember analogous, heated
discussions also when the arch community was much smaller. E.g., I remember
a devfs ---> udev transition drama, and a monolithic xfree ---> modular
xorg one. In both cases, a minority was in favour of delaying or avoiding
the change with a mix of technical and political reasons. In both cases the
devs decided to follow upstream for the best.

Obviously any case is potentially different, but a bit of historical memory
can help to relativize the psychological aspects.

Giorgio Lando