[arch-general] Arch Linux and systemd

Stephen E. Baker baker.stephen.e at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:29:48 EDT 2012

On 17/08/2012 8:34 AM, Stephen E. Baker wrote:
> The other issue I hit was that it didn't like one of my fstab entries,
> for a loop back file system in my home partition that I use to fake
> a small drive for one of my old wine games.  This error caused it to
> boot to a
> root console where I could see the file system in error.  I haven't
> yet tried to
> debug the line, but once I commented it out I was able to boot my system.

Some people have been replying off list with suggestions.  With some help
on #systemd I added x-systemd.automount to the options on the fstab and
now that file system is working fine.

I've now removed initscripts and sysvinit and everything is working nicely.
I'm not convinced for me that there was much real advantage to the move,
but there doesn't seem to be any disadvantage either.

Stephen E. Baker