[arch-general] systemd pulseaudio

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 11:59:03 EDT 2012

> The 2:nd will prompt for your password when it installs the package.

Aah, uses sudo and then su. I was wondering how pacman would gain the
permissions.

	# check for sudo if we will need it during makepkg execution
	if (( ! ( ASROOT || INFAKEROOT ) && ( DEP_BIN || RMDEPS ||
	INSTALL ) )); then if ! type -p sudo >/dev/null; then
			warning "$(gettext "Sudo can not be found. Will
	use su to acquire root privileges.")" fi
	fi

Does it or shouldn't it just try sudo or check it's allowed and fall
back to su as sudo may be there but not allow the particular command or
arguments.

/usr/bin/grep -C 5 -i sudo /usr/bin/makepkg
		printf -v cmd "%q " "$PACMAN" $PACMAN_OPTS "$@"
	else
		printf -v cmd "%q " "$PACMAN" "$@"
	fi