[arch-general] systemd, locales and gvim

Matthias Traunsberger mtraunsberger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:03:54 EDT 2012

I have succesfully migrated to systemd on my desktop-pc and laptop. I'm
using German locale, and it's working quite well everywhere in X and in
those virtual terminals (Alt+F*), but there is an issue with my laptop
that really bugs me. I can't see underscores "_" in gvim. vim isn't
affected. My .vimrc is identical on both boxes and doesn't contain any
font or locale related settings.

Following files are identical on both boxes, too:
/etc/locale.conf:
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

/etc/vconsole.conf:
KEYMAP="de-latin1-nodeadkeys"

uncommented lines in /etc/locale.gen and generated with
/usr/sbin/locale-gen:
de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
de_DE ISO-8859-1
de_DE at euro ISO-8859-15

Maybe someone can help me with this issue.

Cheers,

Matthias