[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: libsystemd to systemd

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 12:30:37 EDT 2012

> It is disrespectful not to honor that initscripts is something
> good, even if there should be something better now.

Don't listen, it isn't better, shell is awesome and so are init
scripts though a top notch consensus would be good. I can point out
multiple errors and wrong assumptions in just the first few paragraphs
on the systemd blog link that was posted again recently but I've had
enough time wasted on something that I've come to see as likely to fail
or get any more distro coverage. I don't think Lennart has much unix
admin experience. I'm not saying don't switch, you will get better
support for systemd on this list that's for sure.

I will give one example. Lennart says come on who connects to sshd more
than once a month. I can't believe he's never seen a sshd log with
constant pass attempts even though passwords are disabled.

Be honest Tom, do you think it is less or more risky timewise for him to
switch, right now?

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)