[arch-general] crashes

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Feb 19 11:49:40 EST 2012

On 02/17/2012 02:14 AM, P Nikolic wrote:
> That is a mighty good question it is a deaktop machine  i run 2 21" LCD
> displays  maybe it is detecting those and setting it accordingly one is VGA
> connected the other is on the DVI port

Shouldn't make any difference. I do the same thing at work with the nvidia diver
and an old nvidia 8600GTOCS. I have the primary monitor on the DVI port of the
card and the secondary connected to the VGA port, no problems (no powerdevil
either):

| 1920x1200 | | 1680x1050 |

the driver creates a single 3600x1200 desktop out of the two monitors.

(sure wish I could buy another 1920x1200, but now all monitor manf. want to
cheat you out of 120 vertical pixels for some reason :(

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.