[arch-general] linux-api-headers in core is 3.1.5 while linux is 3.1.6

Patrick Buddeberg perchy22 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 03:00:08 EST 2012

>> Maybe is my little understanding of the situation, but isn't
>> linux-api-headers behind what it (appears to me that it) should be?

> The linux-api-headers package is entirely unrelated to the running or
> installed kernel. It contains the headers that give glibc the API to the
> Linux kernel, and must never (NEVER NEVER NEVER) be different from the
> version that glibc was built against.
>
> Please, someone give me a cent for every time this question is asked.

It may help if this information is in an easily reachable area, as I
couldn't find it anywhere after searching the wiki and forums followed
by the internet as a whole. The closest thing that I found was from
LFS, but this actually makes it seem like it is very closely bound to
both kernel and glibc.

-Patrick