[arch-general] Re: Email via mutt+offlineimap+msmtp

Nicolas Sebrecht nsebrecht at piing.fr
Mon Jan 9 03:59:43 EST 2012

The 07/01/12, Madhurya Kakati wrote:

> I am trying to send and receive emaisl using mutt. I am using
> offlineimap to download and store all my emails from two of my gmail
> accounts.

I use the same tools but msmtp. To not have to play with more than one
account in a mutt session I have one mutt configuration file per account
(and a global configuration sourced from them for configuration not
dedicated to an account).

Other than that, I've written a very small wrapper called "emails" that
takes care of launching each mutt session in a screen window. So, each
account have its own window in screen.

Today, I use 3 unrelated mail accounts but I had 5 accounts handled this
way some time ago. It's the easiest and most scalable configuration I've
found.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht