[arch-general] setting the time

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Jan 11 18:48:11 EST 2012

On Sunday 08 Jan 2012 18:27:21 Tom Gundersen wrote:
> No particular group membership necessary. I'm not really sure exactly
> what packages need to be installed (I just install all the kde
> packages and hope for the best).
>
> This should "just work(TM)". If it does not there could be a
> polkit/consolekit problem. If you use kdm (via the rc script)
> everything should be set up correctly, so if you are starting KDE in
> some other way that might be worth looking into.

I've done a bit more exploring of this today, and it seems a fresh user *does*
have the key icon, even though my regular one doesn't.

Grrr... this is the second time an existing user profile somehow just doesn't
work properly after KDE upgrades (the other being with HTML5 video). It's a
damn pain to have to figure out why.... anyone any clues for policykit? I
can't find anything in ~/.kde4 or ~/.config that seems relevant.

Thanks,

Pete.