[arch-general] Email via mutt+offlineimap+msmtp

gt codered12 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 09:08:59 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 11:15:50AM +0100, Ralf Madorf wrote:
> I don't understand why that much people are using MUAs without a GUI,
> anyway, a penfriend is blind, reading braille, a good reason to use a
> GUI free MUA. An Email I received yesterday was written with User-Agent:
> Alpine 2.00 (DEB 1167 2008-08-23)
> Debian testing and unstable are at 2.02-3 too.
> I don't think that Alpin will be dropped by major distros.

My reason for switching to a text based mail client (from gmail) was
that i had to use 32kbps internet for a while. Loading gmail was a pain,
and looking for options, i found alpine and mutt.

Now, text interfaces are my preference, firstly because my computer is
an old p4 with 1 gig of ram. And secondly, they fit nicely into tmux
(earlier screen).