[arch-general] Unofficial User Repositories

Thanasis Georgiou sakisds.s at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 12:23:22 EST 2012

On 15 January 2012 19:00, Ralf Madorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> I've got some newbie questions regarding to the Unofficial User
> Repositories.
> Until now I only used some AUR packages and /etc/pacman.conf was set up
> like [1].
> Now I'll uncomment multilib and add
> - archaudio-production
> - archstudio
> - kxstudio-free
> - kxstudio-non-free
> - arch-fonts
> - mate
> - archaudio-preview
> - archaudio-nightly
> - archaudio-experimental
>
> Is it recommended not to use some of those repositories to avoid a
> broken system? Is this order ok, or is another order more safe? Any
> recommendations when pro-audio is most important, followed by painting
> and graphic design and less important video production?

I am not familiar with these extra repositories but by the naming, I
would suggest not to use 'archaudio-preview', 'archaudio-nightly' and
'archaudio-experimental' if you want the maximum stability. All these
look like they aren't meant for daily use since there is already a
'archaudio-production'. So unless you want to test packages it might
be better to stay away from these.

---
Thanasis Georgiou