[arch-general] OT: xf86-video-nv question

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 15 15:12:37 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-15 at 14:53 -0500, Rob wrote:
> On 01/15/2012 07:04 AM, Ralf Madorf wrote:
> >
> > "Note that software rendering does require sufficient CPU power for a
> > good experience." SSE2 is very resource hungry, so at least for audio
> > usage GNOME is lost. I don't like the work flow when using GNOME3, but
> > I'll install it again and test it, since Xfce without GNOME apps is also
> > a PITA, e.g. the Xfce Terminal Emulator starts with a delay when I click
> > the panel's window button. The terminal is the only app that has this
> > delay.
> >
> I've found that turning off "startup notification" in Terminal's
> launcher eliminates the delay.

Thanks, unfortunately it already is disabled. There's always delay when
maximizing the terminal window. There's sometimes delay when switching
from another windows to the terminal window, dunno under what conditions
this happens. Sometimes it's ok, but most of the times there's a delay,
without changing anything.