[arch-general] Upgrading from Don't Panic Fresh Install

Thomas Misilo misilot at fit.edu
Sun Jan 15 16:30:03 EST 2012

>I find it extremely impolite to give such a statement before you even TRIED to use the official image, which is linked on the official download page.

Thomas,

Sorry for making that statement, I was under the impression that I had tried at least one or two official cd's but they were all apparently archboot cd's and the only one I had that wasn't was the don't panic. I happened to come across more on the minimum system requirements on the wiki and tried it out in qemu and that worked.  And that was when I checked the list and replied.

Again I am sorry, and I should have done some more looking around (and cd burning/labeling) before sending an email to the list looking for ideas on how to upgrade the old version.

Tom