[arch-general] xf86-video-nv question

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jan 16 11:07:58 EST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 17:28 +0200, Thanasis Georgiou wrote:
> On the other hard if you can get temperature readings in software
> level you can send them to a micro controller (Arduino?) which will
> control the fans accordingly. I think we are a bit offtopic
> though :) .

A micro controller needs equipment and knowhow. A circuit easily can be
build to cause a wanted minimal and a wanted maximal speed.

For my AMD CPU and my PSU with a large fan and my passive graphics
everything is ok by default, no home improvement needed. But it's not a
Laptop, such issues seem to be more common for Laptops.

Noise caused by the computer seldom is OT, since we are writing about
graphics fan noise it's not OT for this thread :).

Btw. if the fan now should be louder than it was some time ago, the
cause might be dirt.