[arch-general] Pacman-key keyring and my own GPG key

Maciej Mazur mamciek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 17:20:41 EST 2012

I have just upgraded to pacman 4, and as instructed I executed "pacman-key
--init". It generated new GPG key "Pacman Keychain Master Key
<pacman at localhost>" and imported it into pacman keyring.

The question is: should i replace it with my own private GPG key that I
use normally? I understand that it should all work well with the
generated one, but since I already have GPG key, then wouldn't it make
more sense to use it instead of generated one?

If the answer for that question is yes, then is it better to import my
GPG key into pacman keyring or instruct pacman to use my regular gnupg
keyring at ~/.gnupg ?

Maciej