[arch-general] makepkg having troubles with extracting some sources after pacman 4 update

Andrzej Giniewicz gginiu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:02:02 EST 2012

today one of users of one of my packages (daggerfall in AUR) noticed,
and I confirmed, that makepkg wasn't able to extract needed files,
while it was working perfectly for pacman 3.x. The message is

-> Extracting dos32a-912-bin.zip with bsdtar
binw/: Can't remove already-existing dir
bsdtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
==> ERROR: Failed to extract dos32a-912-bin.zip
Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build daggerfall.

I've seen other people having similar problems, for example extracting
.jar file of minecraft package - googled for it and checked pacman
changelog for hints, but no luck. I planned to go trough all my
packages anyway to check pacman 4 compatibility. For now, I added
noextract for all .zip sources and unzipped them in build function and
it works as a workaround, but it isn't nicest/best way.

Before opening bug report I decided to ask if this is a known thing,
maybe some new feature I missed that requires some different approach
for some (most likely zip) archives?

Thanks,
Andrzej.