[arch-general] change in mount behaviour?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Jan 28 08:02:38 EST 2012

Am Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:21:01 -0600
schrieb C Anthony Risinger <anthony at xtfx.me>:

> well, i can't say i care much about the FHS either.  IMO,
> systemd/pulseaudio work fantastic, and are orders of magnitude better
> than their predecessors, and only move the ecosystem forward.  i also
> make extensive use of avahi/libnss-mdns/libnss-myhost ... soooo, they
> seem to work OK ;-)

Do I really need to repeat it? PulseAudio and ice1712?

No, PulseAudio doesn't work fantastic, it's pure crap as long as it
can't handle every sound and audio card, which ALSA, btw., does
perfectly out-of-the-box.

And, no, artificially crippling a (semi-)professional audio card down
to stereo with a strange ALSA configuration is not a solution for this.
And, no, it's not ALSA's fault like Lennart Poettering says, it's
PulseAudios fault.

And why should I trust other software by Lennart Poettering if he isn't
able to get this one software working perfectly.

And, yes, he tried to declare this PulseAudio crap as a standard.

Heiko