[arch-general] change in mount behaviour?

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Jan 28 12:46:20 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> My impression recently was that there are a lot of people doing and
> inventing a lot of things on their own which has almost nothing to do
> with any Linux standards, particularly again Lennart Poettering, and
> that some other distros just take Lennart's ideas without thinking
> about it, while other distros don't do this, etc.

There has been a lot of changes lately, this is true. However, a lot
of effort has been put into reaching consensus between the distros and
the relevant upstream projects. Much more so now than before.

It is my impression that a majority of the ideas have originated in
Debian and Fedora, but I don't really care who came up with what idea
as long as we end up with the best ideas in the end (and possibly more
importantly, that we all end up with the same ideas). As far as I can
tell the different changes are receiving a lot of scrutiny within the
different distros before being adopted (as one would expect); and
overall we are all moving in the same direction.

-t