[arch-general] python problems while compiling Android 4.0

Clive Cooper clive at winpe.com
Sun Jan 29 11:33:54 EST 2012

> I had the same problem with ChromiumOS, the problem is indeed that the
> scripts are exec'ing "python" without knowing that it’s python3 (and
> of course it occurs even if you run python2 in the first place)
> The solution I found is the following :
>
> mkdir /tmp/python2
> ln -s /usr/bin/python2 /tmp/python2/python
> export PATH=/tmp/python2:$PATH
>
> This will make "python" refer to python3, but only for the current shell.
If it is of any interest I had a similar problem when compiling alsalib.
I just uninstalled python3. Done the compiling and then reinstalled python3.
It worked for me.
Just another option... maybe.

Clive
--
Infinity: A concept for those who cannot comprehend the big picture.

() Arch Linux - For movers and shakers. ()