[arch-general] OT: iPad - FLOSS on the iPad - data transfer between an Arch PC and an iPad

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Jan 30 04:39:36 EST 2012

On Friday 27 Jan 2012 17:42:05 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> If those kinds of questions are OT for this list, than IMO there should
> be another Arch mailing list for threads similar to this one. I guess
> I'm not the only one, who prefer mailing lists to forums.

I'm of the same mind. Having "grown up" on mailing lists and usenet, I really
dislike using forums since they just feel rather opaque, inconvenient and
clunky to me. We should either not mind about somewhat off-topic discussion
which might loosely relate to Arch on this list, or else have an off-topic
list as well as this one. "Go use the forums" isn't an answer IMO.

Pete.