[arch-general] CUPS not recognizing the printer

Serge Hooge cuznez at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 17:01:46 EDT 2012

Greetings all,

I have an HP LaserJet M1132 hooked via a USB port.
It worked quite fine until my recent -Syu, where it suddenly stopped
working. Since I had hplip upgraded, I assumed I have to reinstall the
printer, so I removed it via the CUPS webinterface and right now I can't
seem to get it installed again!
Both CUPS and hp-setup fail to see it, however lsusb, dmesg and
usb-devices clearly show it's there. The device node permissions are
fine too. usblp is blacklisted, but I tried the installation after
probing it, which didn't help.
lpinfo -v stopped showing anything about USB.

It doesn't seem that -Syu has something to do with it, since
downgrading all the packages I've upgraded didn't help, I'm thinking
this has something to do with the libusb -> libusbx transition earlier.

Also tried the suggested solution to the same problem from here with no
luck: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1119424#p1119424

Anyone can help?

--
Serge Hooge