[arch-general] Leap seconds ntp and chrony?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 07:19:03 EDT 2012

> > I think I've been quite clear, similar to negative coding.
>
> You haven't, similar to people spreading FUD.
>
> Feel free to share your deep knowledge and thorough understanding of NTP
> with us ignorants by contributing to this neat little project you might
> have heard of, Wikipedia:
>
> 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol#Security_concerns

http://osvdb.org/search?search%5Bvuln_title%5D=ntp&search%5Btext_type%5D=alltext

I'm sure some Windows ones are missing and probably others too. Other
concerns like securelevel 2 on OpenBSD prevents are very unlikely to
hit those lists. I should probably mention Securelevel 2 isn't
recommended by the devs on OpenBSD though for usability reasons.

This doesn't mean I am saying ntp is insecure or to be considered a
risk but what's BEST for you.