[arch-general] util-linux pacman error, file conflicts (safe to force?)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:28:29 EDT 2012

On 07/09/2012 11:10 AM, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto wrote:
> One strange thing is that the files generating the conflict are owned
> by the shadow package. I don't remember of any warning about forcing
> updates for util-linux in arch-devel. It seems to me like a packaging
> bug.

Not a bug -- if the problem is due to shadow, then I have an older shadow
package on my box. That gives me a place to start looking. I still have shadow
4.1.4.3-5 with the fudged build of shared libraries. I presume this is the
cause of the conflict. I'll have to pick though the changes to find out if I
can force the package.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.