[arch-general] mpd, ncmpcpp

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 07:47:48 EDT 2012

Dear list

I am switching lots of my GUI apps to CLI ones.
Currently, I am moving from Clemetine music player to ncmpcpp.

My*mpd.conf *shall have some incorrect settings, as *mpd.log *returns
this error:

> Jul 10 13:04 : avahi: Service 'Music Player' successfully established.
> No protocol specified
> xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
> No protocol specified

I have been reading articles for hours now, but can't find any clear
answer. When I start ncmpcpp, I see my audio files, but when playing,
there is no sound.
Pulseaudio is well configured, as Clemetine is working perfectly.

Here is the part from my *mpd.conf*:

> user                             "mpd"
> audio_output {
>     type        "pulse"
>     name        "pulse audio"
>        mixer_type      "software"
> #    server        "127.0.0.1"        # optional
> ##    sink        "remote_server_sink"    # optional
> }
Part of */etc/group*:

> audio:x:92:mpd
> users:x:100:mpd
> avahi:x:84:
> mpd:x:45:

I have no idea why this doesn't work. ssh is on my box, could it be the
cause ?

TY for your help.