[arch-general] login fails after update

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Jul 15 04:35:02 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I did a complete upgrade following the instructions w.r.t.
the /lib symlink, and indeed ended up with pacman -Su saying
'nothing to do' and /lib being a symlink.

On rebooting I get the login prompt on tty1..6, but after
entering a login nothing happens (no passwd prompt) and
after a few seconds the screen is cleared and the login
prompt returns.

Any ideas ?

--
FA