[arch-general] Upgraded kmod, but --ignored linux & glibc, modules still in /lib - can I reboot safely?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jul 15 17:09:57 EDT 2012

On 07/15/2012 06:07 AM, Heiko Baums wrote:
> If you ignore (don't update) linux then the modules are, of course,
> still in /lib.
>
> Maybe you should update your system following the News on the homepage.
>
> Heiko

Hmm,

  I did, but I usually put off kernel updates for a week to insure there are not
gotchas. I understand now that this update is an "all or nothing" update. Would
have been nice to have that note as part of the announcement. We will get
through it, it will just be a bit more fun...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.