[arch-general] Still Glibc problems

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:36:54 EDT 2012

Norbert Zeh said the following at 07/20/2012 12:27 PM :

> think the reason why you are having a much more serious issue is that it seems
> you haven't updated your system in a long time.  So now you're running into

Approximately a month, I believe. Certainly not a whole lot longer. I don't
regard that as a long time, but perhaps in the arch world it is. But since the
box I'm upgrading often goes a couple of months without even being powered up,
it would be hard to upgrade more frequently.

Maybe I made a mistake putting arch on it, if arch really does have to be
upgraded more frequently than that. I was unaware that that was a
consideration. I've never used a "rolling release" distribution before, and
perhaps I shouldn't have done so on the machine in question. I (naïfly)
thought that the package manager system would automagically take care of
everything regardless of how many updates needed to be applied.

Computers... even after all this time, still a learning experience. Even when
I don't want them to be.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR