[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Sun Jul 22 08:55:48 EDT 2012

Hi,

Am 22.07.2012 14:43, schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> Fair enough, but for this sort of thing, who is 'upstream' ?

Then let us call it commonality in this case. Although it was introduced
by systemd, in principal it has nothing to do with it. Probably most of
the major distributions will implement this (and/or already have).

Anyone who had to work with different distributions knows what pain in
the ass it can be to deal with this kind of differences between
distributions. I'm not arguing that every distribution should handle
everything in the same way, but some agreement on trivialities like
this, is always appreciated.

Best regards,
Karol Babioch