[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Jul 22 19:06:23 EDT 2012

On 22 Jul 2012 20:53, "Leonid Isaev" <lisaev at umail.iu.edu> wrote:
> I wonder why everyone thinks that Archlinux is about a single config
file...
> It is the same myth as "Arch is faster than distro XYZ" or the "simple
BSD init".

No myth it is!

"Arch's simple init system is heavily inspired by the *BSD way of
incorporating calls from a single file (rc.conf) rather than the SysVinit
directory structure containing dozens of symlinks for each runlevel."

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux

--
Mateusz Loskot
(Sent from phone, apology for any top-posting or broken quoting)