[arch-general] Systemd +1

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 05:19:43 EDT 2012

> > Nevertheless, this overall good opinion can't hide certain (or significant I
> > might say) worries. Your system now relies in a bunch of binary code that
> > might not be posible to workaround if something goes wrong. Scripts may not be
> > as efficient but they are great in order to skip,modify or run them in case of
> > emergency.
>
> Right, because /sbin/init isn't binary and none of the scripts relied
> on a interpreter that wasn't binary code?

Do you really think that's a good point. We want valid opinion here
not bashing.

Bash even is smaller than systemds core binary and think of everything
it can do which wouldn't be used even and how much more peer review it
has had and will always get than systemd. Unified scripts would get the
same as systemd, perhaps more because more eyes would understand or
even bother to look and report problems or improvements. Some of which
may be due to time saving silly edits by users but I'd say that is a
good thing.