[arch-general] Systemd : Analysis of reactions of Users

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jul 26 06:45:28 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 11:57 +0200, Dennis Herbrich wrote:

> By the way ...

... is there the need to improve something that already works, while
there are other things that still don't work? Do you give a guarantee
that systemd won't make things more complicated and that everything,
every user used before still will work?

Do you expect that every Linux user is a computer nerd? And are you
aware of all usages that computer users have got?

Again, do you give a guarantee that everything still will work?
Pulseaudio already borked Linux for the averaged, non-expert-computer
user. Please think out of the box. Are you aware how many people wish to
get rid of Windows, but they keep it because less Linux-nonsense has
more weight than much more available Linux-advantages?

Did you ever try to establish a Linux at a school? It's nearly
impossible in Germany, regarding to unsettled state.

You need not to win me over, I'm using Linux.

Do you take care about "normal humans", who wish to use a computer and
who are completely uninterested in any problems?

All my Linux do run, without systemd. I can send you a list off-list
what all my Linux are not able to do.

"Never change a winning team" as long as your alternative for sure does
improve the computer usage for everybody.