[arch-general] Joining mp3's --> Floating point exceptionffmpeg

satisficer satisficer at insideppf.com
Thu Jul 26 11:52:24 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-25, Nelson Marambio <nelsonmarambio at gmx.de> wrote:

> for joining audio dramas (d/l from Amazon) which come along in
> MP3-Format I use a short script
>
> mp3wrap tmp.mp3 *.mp3
>
> Does anyone have an advice for me?

For a quick, dirty, and temporary solution:

I use `cat` to join mp3 files. I believe the headers from 1st file are the
ones that get copied to the new file. Once I tag the new file it works fine.
This won't be great for keeping chapter numbers, etc. but it will allow you
to listen to the full drama.

    cat file1.mp3 file2.mp3 file3.mp3 > newfile.mp3

I'll install `mp3wrap` and see if I can learn anything.