[arch-general] I need some help finding the cause of a problem with my gamepad

Johan johan.az at gmail.com
Sun May 6 08:50:08 EDT 2012

I have this USB gamepad, MoJo's RetroAdapter (
http://denki.world3.net/retro_v2.html), that is not working properly on the
latest releases of Arch; I can get the directional pad to go <Right> and
<Down>, but <Up> and <Left> are unresponsive (jstest does nothing). It used
to work fine on Arch last year (I switched to Ubuntu to try Unity, and just
came back), and it works fine on other distros, even on Arch's current
netinstall image.

To rule out the kernel and/or it's patches as the culprit I installed
linux-vanilla from AUR and nothing changed. I guess it may have something
to do with UDEV, but honestly I don't know what I should be looking for.
I'd appreciate some help with this issue.

Thanks,
- Johan