[arch-general] drop slim in favor of lightdm

Don deJuan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:48:38 EDT 2012

On 05/08/2012 06:28 AM, Nicholas MIller wrote:
> On May 8, 2012 7:27 AM, "Stephen E. Baker"<baker.stephen.e at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> latest
> released
> in
>>>

>>> https://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?string=slim
>>>
>>> Seems to be a severe lack of bug reports made if there are so many
>>> issues with it...
>>
>> I had lots of issues when I used slim, but replaced it easily lxdm.  slim
> isn't a default and there are lots of choices available (including other
> lightweight ones) so I don't see how adding lightdm and dropping slim are
> connected.
>>>
>>> Allan
>>

> I use slim on two systems without issue... Other than our package is out of
> date

For me slim especially since the new version has been great! Very light
weight. Though not sure why the new version has not been pushed through
the repos yet, it has been flagged out of date for awhile. I posted a
PKGBUILD and I have seen 2 other's but there seems to be no interest in
updating it to solve most of the security issues as well as other fixes
that are in the current release.

I would say include both AND update slim to it's recent version.