[arch-general] Polluted login prompt

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Fri Nov 23 13:09:58 EST 2012

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 01:07:22 -0300
Martín Cigorraga <msx at archlinux.us> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Sudaraka Wijesinghe <
> sudaraka.wijesinghe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Problem is that it's too quiet now and even suppressing the possible
> > error messages.
> >

> This is something I'm looking for too, I would like to see no messages
> except for the FAIL ones.
> Time to drop-by at the systemd's lair and make a wish?

No. From man systemd:

* systemd.show_status=
           Takes a boolean argument. If true shows terse service status
updates on the console during bootup. Defaults to true, unless quiet is passed
as kernel command line option in which case it defaults to false.

* quiet
           If passed turns off status output at boot, much like
systemd.show_status=false would. Note that this option is also read by the
kernel itself and disables kernel log output to the kernel. Passing this
option hence turns off the usual output from both the system manager and the
kernel.

HTH,
--
Leonid Isaev