[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] consolekit dependencies?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 14 05:11:12 EDT 2012

Am 13.10.2012 17:40, schrieb Gerhard Brauer:
> What are the way for people which ex. use fluxbox via
> ck-launch-session and thunar as a filemanager (for
> dbus/polkit/udisks things) AND NOT systemd-logind ?

As Tom pointed out, it was an upstream decision by polkit to require
logind - without forking polkit, there is nothing we can do (and to be
honest, we have neither the manpower nor the motivation to do that). To
make matters worse, consolekit is (afaik) no longer developed.

This means (as was long announced) that all setups that use polkit will
soon require systemd.