[arch-general] Issues with torrents

Figue ffigue at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:03:46 EDT 2012

On 25/10/12 13:13, Alexandre Ferrando wrote:
> On 25 October 2012 13:07, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> [2012-10-25 12:57:18 +0200] Alexandre Ferrando:
>>> Some days ago I realized that most of my torrents (mostly related to
>>> the openbittorrent tracker but also including another ones (The arch
>>> iso torrent works, though) ) fail to download. The information about
>>> how many seeders/leechers are is displayed, but the count of how much
>>> seeders I'm connected to remains 0 and no download happens.
>> I cannot understand how you would expect a useful answer without giving
>> us at the very least the name of your torrent client and of your ISP...
>>
>> --
>> Gaetan
> Oh, sorry.
>
> Torrent clients I've tried: Deluge and aria2c
> ISPs: ONO (spanish) and the university's ISP seems to be the
> university itself, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia
I've a similar issue like you with Deluge. A post that describes what I
see in my /var/log:

|[...]
TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 53126. Dropping request|
[...]

A workaround in this case it's disabling SYN flood protection in the
kernel, adding to /etc/sysctl.conf
     net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies=0

but it's not a real solution.

$(Figue)