[arch-general] Sticky keys and gaming

Rafael Beraldo rberaldo at cabaladada.org
Sat Oct 27 13:22:14 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Joshua Schüler
<joshua.schueler at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 25.10.2012 20:46, Rafael Beraldo wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I don't play very often but when I do, I get sticky keys. By sticky keys
> > mean that after about
> > half an hour playing, when I stop pressing, say, ‘w’, the character
> > continues walking forward.
> > I first noticed that playing Minecraft and thought the issue was related
> > Java. A quick
> > search [0,1] supported that theory.
> Hi Rafael,
>
> I experienced the same issue with Minecraft. At least this could be
> solved by using the newest lwjgl files (See Minecraft wiki for further
> information).
>
> Joshua
> >
> > However yesterday I was playing Counter Strike 1.6 on wine and, after a
> > while, I noticed I'd
> > continue walking forward even after I'd stopped pressing ‘w’, so I
> thought
> > I'd drop an email
> > here and see if anybody else has had that kind of issue.
> >
> > I had this problem running both Fluxbox and i3. I think that's not
> related,
> > but I run setxkbmap us
> > intl every time I go to either window manager.
> >
> > Thanks for your time,
> >
> > [0]:
> >
> https://www.google.com.br/search?q=sticky+keys+minecraft+linux&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
> > [1]: http://duckduckgo.com/?q=sticky+keys+minecraft+linux

Hello,

I've already upgraded lwjgl and that didn't solve the problem. I originally
thought
that it was a problem related to Minecraft alone but that clearly isn't the
case,
since I experience the same problem playing Counter-Strike, which leads me
believe the problem is on a layer above those two games.

When I go home I'll download OpenArena or some other FPS and play a while
to see if I can reproduce this error in yet a third game.

Thank you,

--
Rafael Beraldo
cabaladada.org