[arch-general] problem with realtek 8192cu usb wireless card

Xeslaro bfsc.yb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 17:01:25 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 01, 2012 at 05:13:32PM -0400, Kyle wrote:
> Try installing dkms-8192cu from AUR. This may or may not work for your specific card, but it appears to work perfectly without any firmware using my 8188CUS USB card. Since your model is different, your mileage may vary, but hopefully this will help.
> ~Kyle

  thanks everybody, i've finally got everything working!

  i checked the pkgbuild for this package and found out that this is the same driver from www.realtek.com, this driver does work well. the reason it didn't work at first is that i recompiled wpa_supplicant without the WEXT driver support which is said to be deprecated, however the official driver from realtek only support WEXT, after recompiling wpa_supplicant with WEXT support and use -Dwext at the command line, everything is working fine. however there is indeed something broken in the driver within the linux kernel, which doesn't work in either way.