[arch-general] Issue with Jack2, ALSA or current kernels

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 16 08:57:38 EDT 2012

On 16 September 2012 19:34, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't remember when it gets broken.
> The Rt still is blinking when I start jackd by QJackCtl and if I play a
> WAV by Audacity via Jack everything seems to be ok. Because I didn't
> produce music for some time, I didn't notice the issue. Today I tied to
> set up everything I need for a production and noticed it, when running
> jackd by the terminal.
>
> :(
> Ralf

Hey Ralf

It has been sometime that I did anything with jack and I was also
surprised when this happened. The connection did not stay up; as soon
as a client connected (like mplayer) the connection stopped.

This looked something like a dbus event, but the jackd binary in
jack2, although coupled with jackdbus, should have no business with
dbus. It did not occur to me that it might be a kernel issue.
Installing standard jack solved the problem, but I had this in my TODO
(since it means jack2 is basically broken, but we have not received
any reports so far).

It would help if you could come on to IRC #jack or #archaudio so we
could troubleshoot this.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1