[arch-general] testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Sep 22 09:06:28 EDT 2012

Am 22.09.2012 10:07, schrieb Heiko Baums:
> Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:09:02 +0900
> schrieb Zhengyu Xu <xzy3186 at gmail.com>:
>
>> After updating systemd to 191-1 in testing repo, I had following
>> messages during booting and the process was stuck (crashed).
>>
>> [   10.539416] systemd[1]: segfault at 7d ip b75a97b7 sp bfb0ece8
>> error 4 in libc-2.16.so[b752a000+1a4000]
>> [   10.539700] systemd[1]: Caught <SEGV>, core dump failed.
>>
>> Downgrade to 189-4 can solve this problem. I want to know if this
>> is a personal problem or a general bug affecting others as well.
>
> Why am I not surprised?
>
> Yes, binary init system is so much better than a script based init
> system. And Poetterix is so damn good, so advanced, such an evolution
> and so much better than the common and over 40 years well tested
> sysvinit.
>
> Come on systemd fanboys, here you have the first example. There's more
> to come. I'll get my popcorn.

After the recent outbreaks, we have been discussing banning people from
arch-general. At the time, the people we talked about had calmed down
and everything went back to normal, so there was no point in going
forward with it. However, your name just made top of the list.

If I see you interrupting one more technical discussion with trolls and
flames, you will be banned indefinitely without further notice. I will
not see another one week flamewar on this list.

You are a grown man (at least you look like one), so you should know
that this kind of post adds nothing to the discussion, but starts yet
another flamewar. Start acting like a grown man and keep it to yourself,
unless you have something to say that's worth saying.

I am completely against banning people, but at this point, it is either
banning people or shutting down this list entirely.