[arch-general] Wanted: advice dual-booting Arch and Windows 7 on new laptop

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:36:36 EDT 2012

On 09/24/2012 10:25 AM, Robbie Smith wrote:
> Managed to get it all up and running, and added to the Laptops which run Arch
> thread on the forums. Should I add a section on the wiki on the steps I used?
> I haven't got an account there yet, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have one.

Yes, get an account and update the wiki. The wiki is one of the best among all
distros precisely because people take the time to add information like this to
it. The wiki is mediawiki, so syntax is simple with many good references to go
by. Arch uses some helpful macros (ie. {{Note|blah blah}} and {{Warning| blah
blah}} ) that really help emphasize the critical info. Good work on the HP
box. Nothing worse than hardware that is impossible to use the way you want to...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.