[arch-general] [makepkg] Permission denied on pkg/ directory

Robbie Smith zoqaeski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 02:38:42 EDT 2013

I’ve been porting my old PKGBUILDs to the 4.1 format for VCS packages,
and for some reason I keep getting errors building the package, with the
pkg/ directory being created with 000 (d---------) permissions. My umask
isn’t malformed as I can create directories and files just fine, and if
I chmod the directory and re-run makepkg, it seems to lock the directory.

Is this a bug, or a new feature of 4.1? Or have I misconfigured
something somewhere? I did a diff of the configuration files when 4.1
was released so they should be up-to-date.