[arch-general] mkarchiso operates poorly with new glibc-2.18 built without pt_chown

Vadim Ushakov igeekless at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 12:00:18 EDT 2013

Hi. I've encountered the following trouble:

1. Boot the system. devpts has correct mount options and vte terminals
work fine:
vadim at aquila:~$ mount -t devpts
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts
(rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)

2. Run mkarchiso init. In my case, it is run from a script:
vadim at aquila:/media/stuff/Проекты/Личные/AL/al-iso$ su -c 'bash
/media/stuff/Проекты/Личные/AL/al-iso/build.sh -v'

mkarchiso init executes command mount -t devpts devpts
${work_dir}/root-image/dev/pts
Executing that command seems to drop mount options of /dev/pts, now we
have both devpts mount points have the same options:
vadim at aquila:~$ mount -t devpts
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000)
devpts on /media/stuff/Проекты/Личные/AL/al-iso/work/i686/root-image/dev/pts
type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000)

And vte terminals stop to work after that, of course.

--
Regards,
Vadim Ushakov