[arch-general] Optimising ssd setup?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:20:48 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 07.01.2013 17:24, schrieb Mike Cloaked:
> > but I am unclear if this happens automatically or
> I haven't noticed any issues and beside the "noatime" mount option
> haven't changed anything.
>
> I don't know whether or not you've already read the Wiki article, see
> [4]. I think its a good starting point for all of your questions and
> most of it got covered there.
>
> Best regards,
> Karol Babioch
>
> [1] http://asalor.blogspot.de/2011/08/trim-dm-crypt-problems.html
> [2] http://kerneltrap.org/node/14148
> [3] https://www.heise.de/artikel-archiv/ct/2012/03/66
> [4] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSD

Yes I have read the arch wiki articles which are very helpful as you say -
though I wanted to also hear of real experiences which you and Karol have
both replied about and which are very re-assuring - and it seems that
modern quality SSD drives are much less likely to have problems than those
that were available only a few years ago - I have my ssd drives ready to
install onto the motherboard.

Now I am quite looking forward to putting the hardware together and getting
the install done - and seeing how it all works with the OS running with the
best practice set up according to the advice and help I have had from the
replies from this list.  So thank you for your help and hints and tips - it
is very much appreciated.

--
mike c