[arch-general] newbie: looking for docs

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:22:31 EST 2013

On Wednesday 16 Jan 2013 18:02:26 Buce wrote:
> > I am very new to archlinux (as of late last week, and I am struggling to
> > find any documentation on how to create new archlinux packages, and how to
> > setup a local repository for my packages prior to contributing them to the
> > AUR.
>
> Maybe this is what you're looking for:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Custom_local_repository#Custom_local_re
> pository

FYI, you really don't need to do this if you just want to contribute a
PKGBUILD to the AUR.  All you need to do is prepare the PKGBUILD, and when it
works, you can "makepkg --source" and upload the result.

That part is explained here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR#Sharing_and_maintaining_packages

Paul