[arch-general] MBP 8, 2: Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration

Arvid Warnecke arvid at nostalgix.org
Thu Jan 17 15:10:39 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 05:54:34PM +0100, Kwpolska wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM, bjschuma at gmail.com <bjschuma at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anybody know what I'm missing?
>
> A BRAIN?!  You get an awesome Unix OS with your device, so USE IT.
> Seriously, I never understood people who ever think of using a
> non-OS-X OS as your primary OS on a Mac.

Because OS X is not about the developers anymore. My father uses OS X.
He is the target user now, not me. I can try to install everything I
need next to the outdated crap Apple delivers or I get rid of the OS and
install a Linux I can make jump through every hoop I want it to. :D

But sorry, I have no idea about the original problem. I have the feeling
that I might have been run into that too, but I don't know what I did
about it. :(

Best regards,
Arvid

--
[ Arvid Warnecke ][ arvid (at) nostalgix (dot) org ]
[ IRC/OPN: "madhatter" ][ http://www.nostalgix.org ]