[arch-general] broken system after today upgrade

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 06:03:53 EST 2013

On Wednesday 23 Jan 2013 10:10:17 arnaud gaboury wrote:
> Good morning  guys,
>
> Let me clarify a few things.
> 1- I didn't correctly understand the post from Allan about toolchain, thus
> my brocken update when #pacman - S filesystem
> 2- As a newbye,  I usually pay lots attention to upgrades and this is my
> first serious issue. It was late and was totally under heavy stress. This
> lead me to some mistakes I realized this morning.
> 3-on Archiso,  I mounted the wrong /usr (/dev/sdb4 when 3 was correct) + i
> didn't correctly #pacman - r with /mnt as target. So no surprise my system
> is borke.
> 4- back to Archiso this morning, I still can't #pacman - Syu filesystem
> glibc - r /mnt. Error: /mnt/usr/lib64 exist in filesystem.
>
> What am I supposed to do now?

If you're really stuck, you can always create an empty directory, and extract
the glibc package into it, and manually update the files from there.  There's
probably an easier way, though.

Some first thoughts: have you found out what is in the existing
/mnt/usr/lib64?  Is it a symlink, or a real directory?  What package owns the
files that are in there?

Paul