[arch-general] Apache 2.4 revisited

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 11 10:44:41 EDT 2013

Am 11.07.2013 15:45, schrieb Armin K.:
>> As a side note, apache24 uses event_mpm by default, but you might need
>> to change to prefork one to use PHP module. Also, with apache 2.4 you
>> can use php-fpm via mod_proxy as described at [3]
>>
>> As for the perl module, I had to use svn checkout of the httpd24 branch.
>> Patch was getting way to big to ship in package.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> [1]
>> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2012-October/031777.html
>> [2] http://blackprince.net63.net/apache24/
>> [3] https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHP-FPM

Using php-fpm with mod_proxy_fastcgi sounds interesting. Personally, I
don't care whether mod_php breaks or not, since using fpm even on small
installations seems like the superior method.

> Sigh, no one seems to care. Well, nothing strange. Patches will remain
> on the site in case someone needs them.

You might try to write an email to jgc directly, since I have no idea if
he reads arch-general at all. He stated in the past that "nothing works
with Apache 2.4", I have no idea if your post will convince him otherwise.